Download PDF version
Profusion Group Pty Ltd and Profusion Group PTE Ltd (together “Profusion”) is committed to ensuring the privacy and protection of your personal information.
By agreeing to this statement, you enable us to obtain further information that may be helpful with processing your application. If you do not wish to agree to this statement, you should be aware of the limitations described in the "Gaining Access and Collection of Information” section of this document.
- How we manage personal and sensitive information
- How we collect and use your personal information
- Your right of access to your personal information
- Your right to inspect, and where necessary, correct the personal information that we hold about you
- Your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved
- Your right to have your personal information protected from misuse or unauthorised access
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. The information may range from very sensitive (e.g. medical history) to routine (e.g. contact details). It includes the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric test results and other sensitive information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placement(s).
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a specific category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- Racial background or ethnic origin
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union
- Criminal record
- Health or disability (at any time)
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be collected and disclosed with your consent.
How we collect your personal information
Personal or sensitive information is collected from you directly, when you submit your registration with Profusion or provide any other information in connection with your application to us, for example a resume.
You may submit your resume and personal details to Profusion via our website registration service, either for general consideration by our consultants for positions as they arise or to apply for a specific advertised job.
Once submitted, your resume and personal details will be recorded in our database. Information can be stored electronically or in hard copy format. This information can be accessed by Profusion consultants at any time.
Personal information is also collected when:
- We receive any references about you
- We receive results of enquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies
- We receive any results of any psychometric or medical test or assessment
- We receive any performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest, or inquiry in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about you
How we use your personal information
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Who will your personal and sensitive information be disclosed to?
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Profusion
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body (if applicable)
- Your superannuation fund (if applicable)
- Our contractors and suppliers – for example IT contractors or database designers
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
What if you do not give us the information we require?
If you do not give us the information we require:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to proceed with any recruitment processes
- We may not be able to proceed with your application for employment or placement in a specified area
Gaining access to your personal information
Subject to certain exceptions that are set out in the Australian National Privacy Principles, Principle 6 – ‘Access and Correction’, you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We may ask to verify your identity or seek more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you reasons for doing so. Where you request for personal information to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal information of such a dispute. You may also request that Profusion stops using your information and contacting you and we will comply with your request. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, you should contact our Privacy Officer whose details are shown at the end of this document. Profusion charge an administration fee of $100 for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
What we won’t do
- Profusion will not charge a job seeker a fee for the purpose of finding the job seeker employment
- Profusion will not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when the agency knows no such position exists, or knowingly giving misleading information to a job seeker about the nature of the position).
If you believe that Profusion has acted inappropriately, you may contact the Australian Department of Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken. If you aren’t based in Australia we recommend that you contact the local governing body charged with protecting consumers (e.g. UK: The Office of Fair Trading; USA: Federal Trade Commission; Singapore: Ministry of Trade & Industry).
Profusion reserves the right to review, update and change this policy without notice.
If you require a copy of this document please contact the Profusion Privacy Officer:
Profusion Group Pty Ltd
Level 12, 8 Spring St
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Phone +61 2 9240 6300